Due to it's fine, talc-like consistency, Matcha green tea powder is perfect for topical applications such a facial/body masks, cleansers, toners, and scrubs.
Depending on the grade of Matcha used, the particle size ranges from approx. 4 – 9 microns. These fine particles penetrate the top layers of the skin, and readily impart the healing benfits of green tea when applied directly.
Top 5 effects of matcha on skin:
1. Anti-oxidant/angi-aging – due to it's extremely high level of anti-oxidants. (the highest ORAC rating food)
2. Anti-inflammatory – due to the caffeine and catechins
3. Anti-microbial – eliminates blemishes and acne
4. Anti-cancer/fights sun damage – powerful cancer fighting constituents (EGCG)
5. Mildly exfoliant and detoxifying – particles sizes and high chlorophyll content
Naomi's ZenMatcha Face Mask Recipe ("Zen Face"):
In a small bowl mix the following ingredients together, using the back of a fork to make a smooth paste:
1 ripe avocado
1 teaspoon ZenMatcha powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
1 teaspoon face oil of choice (almond, jojoba, melted coconut oil, sesame etc.)
Few drops essential oil of choice (lavender, geranium, clary sage, patchouli, grapefruit, rose, or ylang ylang)
Keep mask in the fridge, and cover from light. Use every day - smooth on skin and let sit for 30 minutes. Wash off thoroughly!